Knowledge Management

saved searches populates wrong summary index

my_splunk
Path Finder

In our 5.0.2 Splunk version installation we have many simultaneous summary index-populating searches.

Sometimes summary indexes are populated in wrong way. For example, summary index A have not only data from saved search populating this index, but also data from another saved search, configurated to populate index B for example.
This issue is randomic and not on same indexes.

We have already and many times checked events producted from single saved searches and we have not found problems; also in logs there are no errors.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

magnuschill

I am experiencing the same issue, version 5.0.1. The search_name field and other additional fields that get created by the summary are all populated correctly, but the data source and index are incorrect.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...