Knowledge Management

"This browser is not supported by Splunk"

sylim_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm using Splunk version 6.6.4 and installed the latest version of Chrome, firefox and IE available as of this writing. Strangely since last week none of users except one, "mySplunkID" can login to Deployment server SplunkWeb. Error on the browser is "This browser is not supported by Splunk" - attached below;

alt text

Why is it happening all of a sudden?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sylim_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This turned out to be a case of one of java script file missing for unknown reasons. HAR dump showed us some hints about the issue.
There was a 404 error for a request as below;
alt text
After recovering common.js which was producing error in the screenshot, the issue has gone away. For some reason the file disappeared. Try to find 4xx error in HAR dump same thing could happen if some of files were deleted accidentally.

View solution in original post

sdurao
Engager

Hi

I have the same issue. I can't to put screenshots, pity.
But when i go to the server, the common.js is there. So i don't understand why that's says it can not find this file.

Should I replace it with a new common.js? Where can i found this file ?

Thanks

0 Karma

sylim_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This turned out to be a case of one of java script file missing for unknown reasons. HAR dump showed us some hints about the issue.
There was a 404 error for a request as below;
alt text
After recovering common.js which was producing error in the screenshot, the issue has gone away. For some reason the file disappeared. Try to find 4xx error in HAR dump same thing could happen if some of files were deleted accidentally.

sdurao
Engager

Hi i have the same issue.
But Can you explain how can we resolva that ?

I have already common.js in my server.

0 Karma

sylim_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This was caused by a missing file which is being called during page loading. Firstly confirm if it's happening regardless of browser types then you might hit potentially the same issue.
Then enable debug mode for example in chrome, https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/?utm_source=dcc&utm_medium=redirect&utm_camp... to find any 400 errors as illustrated in the picture above. But still it could be a different issue but this is the way how you can troubleshoot it.

0 Karma

sdurao
Engager

Can you help me please ? I have always the same issue

0 Karma

sdurao
Engager

Hi

I have the same issue. I can't to put screenshots, pity.
But when i go to the server, the common.js is there. So i don't understand why that's says it can not find this file.

Should I replace it with a new common.js? Where can i found this file ?

Thanks

0 Karma

sdurao
Engager

Can you help me please ? I have always the same issue

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...