Knowledge Management

Splunk query/condition to check and trigger Alert 2 hours before the Job Completion time?

Ashwini008
Builder

Hi ,

My Job completes at 4AM,I need to set up a alert to monitor the job status 2 hours before the job completion time i.e. at 2 AM i should start checking the Job Status if it completed or not,So starting from 2AM i should monitor and trigger the alert till the job is completed.

I am using below query but it doesn't make sense and doesn't satisfies  my above condition.

| makeresults
| eval CurrentTime="05:00:00"
| eval CurrentTimepoch=strptime(CurrentTime,"%H:%M:%S")
| eval SLATIME="04:00:00"
| eval SLATIMEepoch=strptime(SLATIME,"%H:%M:%S")
| eval Diff=(SLATIMEepoch-CurrentTimepoch)
| eval Duration=if(Diff<0, "-", "") + tostring(abs(Diff), "duration")
| eval check1=case(Duration>="02:00:00" AND STATUS!=C,"Trigger",1=1,"Dont")

Please help me how to capture specific time i.e. 2 AM and start checking the job status in the query?

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Karma

JacekF
Path Finder

You have provided a very little information on your environment, but If I understand your problem correctly, the following should allow you to determine if current time is later than the checking trigger time (2AM)

| makeresults
| eval triggerTime = relative_time(now(), "@d") + (2*3600)
| eval check = if(now() > triggerTime, "Trigger", "Don't")

The relative_time function is used to round epoch time down to the beginning of the day and then the number of seconds 2 hours have (2*3600) is added.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...