Knowledge Management

Latency between transactions

josekuzh

I have logs which show a transaction with clear startswith and endswith tabling the duration taken like so

source=*.csv | transaction E2ETxnSeq startswith="StartInbound" endswith="EndInbound" | table duration

I'm looking for finding the latency between transactions (or actually the idle time between traansactions) so how do I pipe the above output to calculate the delta ?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

josekuzh

actually they occasionally can but i can ignore those cases

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

If transactions do not overlap, I imagine you could use delta for this.

source=*.csv | transaction E2ETxnSeq startswith="StartInbound" endswith="EndInbound" | delta _time AS transactionlatency | eval transactionlatency=-transactionlatency | table duration transactionlatency
0 Karma

josekuzh

I've tried this and transactionlatency is always 0 which doesnt match our data set. Still checking

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

Can transactions overlap?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...