Knowledge Management

Is it usual to have multiple tags that appear the same

raoul
Path Finder

Forgive me if this is a naive question.

We seem to have multiple tags that have the same name.

They contain different sets of field/value pairs though.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

neelamssantosh
Contributor

Yes,
We can have same tags with same fields /key=value pairs but they must be in different app's.

I too few concerns around,

Example: we have tags ES and Search app.
1. I have added 4 fields in ES app now when i was about to add same fields in search app they are getting Saved but they don't render.But using tags.conf i have added in hard way and they show up.Though i know thats not the right process.
2. if i am adding tags through UI , in tags.conf spaces are getting replaced with %20.Why SO?
3. Their must be some better option for providing permissions if i created multi fields in the tag.
4. if i disable the tags, to revoke/get back i have to grant permission to every individual field.

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I guess I don't understand the problem. Tags can be applied to any field/value combination, and in fact they're really mostly useful if a single tag is in fact applied to many of them. What were you expecting tags to do for you? Perhaps there is some other functionality that you are looking for that is implemented differently.

0 Karma

Ron_Naken
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Field extractions or tags?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...