Knowledge Management

Is it possible to take splunk Admin certification after Splunk power user certification expired?

glingaraj
Explorer

Is it possible to take splunk Admin certification after Splunk power user certification expired?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

1) is ur Power user certification already expired or nearing expiration?

if power user once expired, then you can not plan for admin exam (just recently i finished my admin exam, pls check the attachment, thanks. )

From https://www.splunk.com/en_us/resources/splunk-recertification-policy.html

EXAMPLE 1: Candidate holds Splunk Core Certified Power User, with a badge earned on
January 1, 2019.

( Note - the Power User Certification expiry date will be --- 3 years ---- Jan 1st 2021 )

Candidate may retake the Core Power User exam between January 2, 2021
and January 1, 2022 to recertify at this level. The candidate’s Core Power User (and Core User, if
held) certification(s) will be updated with a new expiration date, three years from the date of Core
Power User badge re-issuance.

if power user once expired, then you can not plan for admin exam. 

2) simply try to book admin exam thru the pearson website, while doing so, you will be given a list of available, approved exams. 

View solution in original post

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

if power user once expired, then you can not plan for admin exam (just recently i finished my admin exam, pls check the attachment, thanks. )

From https://www.splunk.com/en_us/resources/splunk-recertification-policy.html

EXAMPLE 1: Candidate holds Splunk Core Certified Power User, with a badge earned on
January 1, 2019.

( Note - the Power User Certification expiry date will be --- 3 years ---- Jan 1st 2021 )

Candidate may retake the Core Power User exam between January 2, 2021
and January 1, 2022 to recertify at this level. The candidate’s Core Power User (and Core User, if
held) certification(s) will be updated with a new expiration date, three years from the date of Core
Power User badge re-issuance.

if power user once expired, then you can not plan for admin exam. 

2) simply try to book admin exam thru the pearson website, while doing so, you will be given a list of available, approved exams. 

0 Karma

glingaraj
Explorer

Hi @inventsekar ,

Expiration is on 20th Aug. Can i do a booking now itself to take exam say after 30 days?

By that time of taking exam , already the certificate would be expired but will pre-booking help me?

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Dear @glingaraj 

Certifications are one of the important areas where Splunk learners/users (and Splunk itself) require more help.  So, we would like to hear more from you about your issues with Splunk Certifications:

1) have you completed your required cert exam or postponed your plans?

2) on either case, could you pls update your story here and then close this question pls(to move the question from unanswered to answered)

thanks for being of any help to you, 

best regards,

Sekar

0 Karma

glingaraj
Explorer

Hi @inventsekar , I have completed Admin certification before expiry date successfully.

Thanks for your response

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

> Expiration is on 20th Aug. Can i do a booking now itself to take exam say after 30 days?

Good idea, but, i think its not possible, as your exam date should be "before" expiration date.

Pls check your messages.. let me give you some tips. 

0 Karma

glingaraj
Explorer

Thanks @gcusello 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @glingaraj ,

you have a grace period (30 or 60 days I don't remember) after expiration to pass the exam, otherwise you have to pass again Power user exam: I know because I had this problem!

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Monitoring Postgres with OpenTelemetry

Behind every business-critical application, you’ll find databases. These behind-the-scenes stores power ...

Mastering Synthetic Browser Testing: Pro Tips to Keep Your Web App Running Smoothly

To start, if you're new to synthetic monitoring, I recommend exploring this synthetic monitoring overview. In ...

Splunk Edge Processor | Popular Use Cases to Get Started with Edge Processor

Splunk Edge Processor offers more efficient, flexible data transformation – helping you reduce noise, control ...