Knowledge Management

Is it possible to monitor docker container (cpu/memory/processes usage) without outcold solutions containers?

smstoyanov

I`m tryin to find out some solution which provide view over the containers and processes usage ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

deepashri_123
Motivator

Hey@smstoyanov,

You can try using this app:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3723/

Let me know if this helps!!

0 Karma

smstoyanov

i know that it works perfectly also the view over the processes and resource usage is good.
But i`m trying to bypass this because of the license.

0 Karma

akocak
Contributor

I don't have a Docker in my system, is it able to send syslog ? if you don't want to use app, you can create your own app as long as sourcetypes are correct and you can index.

0 Karma

smstoyanov

i already log all events on our docker infra but dont have tool which provide good view over the processes/usage on the docker hosts(memory/cpu usage and of course by process)
Probably will get in touch with outcoldsolutions because their container provide what we want.

0 Karma

akocak
Contributor

have you checked scripted inputs in Splunk ?
I have a similar case that I collect information with shell script from hosts. Splunk forwarders just runs shell periodically and script writes processor, memory usage and other info. to STD-OUT that is read by forwarder and send to Indexer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...