Knowledge Management

How to confirm if Netflow or other data is being collected under the app:"splunk_app_stream"

nathant089

On my Splunk Cloud instance, there is an app called: "splunk_app_stream" that is currently disabled under the 'App' settings.

Before I go uninstalling this app, I would like to know if there is a way to confirm if Splunk is ingesting data for that app before uninstalling it (even though it's disabled)?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

uagrawal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

1) Navigate to Stream App -> Admin Dashboards -> Stream Forwarder Status dashboard. Check the status of the Stream forwarder. Also, check the Total events dashboard. From there you can identify whether stream app is indexing data or not.
2) In the Search bar, run this query sourcetype= stream:*. If search query returns no result, then Stream App is not indexing any data into Splunk.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...