Knowledge Management

How do I pass the logged in user to a workflow action?

Alan_Bradley
Path Finder

I'm trying to set up a workflow action to send an email to someone via a CGI script on another box. I need to have that email sent from the user who's logged into splunk (who pulled down and click on the workflow action menu item), but I can't figure out how to pass the logged in user to the workflow action (i.e. send it as a data item or a part of the URL). Is this possible?

1 Solution

Nate
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In 4.1 and 4.1.1 you cannot specify the user in the workflow action. However, this is an interesting idea and I'll see if I can add something for 4.1.2.

View solution in original post

Ellen
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This has not been implemented as of 4.1.6 but an enhancement request (ENH-4128) has been logged.

tawollen
Path Finder

Was this ever addressed? I need to do the same thing.

0 Karma

vbumgarner
Contributor

Any progress on this one?

0 Karma

Nate
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In 4.1 and 4.1.1 you cannot specify the user in the workflow action. However, this is an interesting idea and I'll see if I can add something for 4.1.2.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...