Knowledge Management

Field aliases not parsing fields from Exchange

kevinbriggs85

I am currently trying to parse data to map to a specific CIM-compliant field name. Specifically, I have setup a field alias as such:

AffectedItems{}.Attachments ASNEW file_name

After creating this alias, when I do a search for the data, I can see the original field in the data, but file_name is only a fraction of the total events (%s are based on results at the time of my most recent search):

• AffectedItems{}.Attachments: 25.52% coverage
  • file_name: 0.08% coverage

To clarify, I am trying to normalize this data for the CIM Email Datamodel. The small coverage is from another sourcetype where I had created a field alias:

messageParts{}.filename ASNEW file_name

In this second sourcetype, it's a much smaller amount of data, but they have an identical coverage of 98.9%. At first we theorized it may be an issue with the curly braces, but one alias works, but not another. Looking to see if anyone has encountered a similar issue and knows the cause.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...