Knowledge Management

Failed to start KV store

corti77
Communicator

Hi,

I run splunk 9.0.8 and after an issue with our storage (LUN full). I had to full scan the disk and successfully repaired the filesystem.

splunk starts now but there is a persistent error with the KV store. the status is the following:

show kvstore-status

This member:
backupRestoreStatus : Ready
disabled : 0
guid : E59FAAA8-D66A-498E-8DDF-0F5C29866F95
port : 8191
standalone : 1
storageEngine : wiredTiger

Any suggestion on how could get an operational status?

many thanks.

Jose

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @corti77 ,

you have to reset the mongod.lock:

• stop splunkd
  • delete $SPLUNK_HOME\var\lib\splunk\kvstore\mongo\mongod.lock"
  • start splunkd

I asked to Splunk ideas to create a script od a dedicated solution to this frequent issue, if you think as me that's important, please vote for this idea at https://ideas.splunk.com/ideas/EID-I-2058

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

corti77
Communicator

just voted, thanks a lot

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @corti77 ,

you have to reset the mongod.lock:

• stop splunkd
  • delete $SPLUNK_HOME\var\lib\splunk\kvstore\mongo\mongod.lock"
  • start splunkd

I asked to Splunk ideas to create a script od a dedicated solution to this frequent issue, if you think as me that's important, please vote for this idea at https://ideas.splunk.com/ideas/EID-I-2058

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...