Installation

upgrade minor version (6.0 to 6.0.3)

Gilgalidd
Path Finder

Hello,

I've search on the official documentations, and i'v not see how to upgrade to a minor version.

Tipically I need to upgrade to 6.0.3 from 6.0.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

aengelstad
Engager

For a single install, or for a cluster? For a cluster there's documentation here:

Upgrade to a new maintenance release

For a single as far as I'm aware (I've only done clusters) you would simply be installing 'over-the-top' as it were. On a unix upgrade it prompts you for potential configuration changes and lets you backout of the install if required.

Gilgalidd
Path Finder

Just I need to do a fresh install and restore my previous $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/ ?

Can I do the same things with indexed data ?
Just restore $SPLUNK_HOME/var/ ?

0 Karma

Gilgalidd
Path Finder

If I try to follow this guide : http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.0.2/Installation/InstallonLinux#Tar_file_install , I will lost all data because I've install with Tar archive.

How can I keep data (Index) and configuration files ?

0 Karma

Jeff_Lightly_Sp
Communicator

I know you are upgrading a *nix box but in my Windows test environment, all configurations appear to be preserved.

0 Karma

Gilgalidd
Path Finder

Thanks everyone, but what will happen for my current configuration ? It will be overridden ?

0 Karma

aelliott
Motivator

yeah it's just literally downloading the full installation to upgrade: https://www.splunk.com/download?r=header

0 Karma

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

aengelstadt is correct, you just upgrade in place, as though you were reinstalling. just make sure you are using the same OS and architecture package as before.

0 Karma

Gilgalidd
Path Finder

Hello, thanks for your reply, it's juste for a standalone node (search+indexer) under unix OS.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...