Installation

"License not yet accepted" error after trying to upgrade to 6.0.1-189883 on Debian Linux.

rpearson
Explorer

I am having a problem upgrading to the latest version 6.0.1-189883 on Debian Linux. After stopping the Splunk service and installing there were no issues. I then try to start the Splunk Service again and I get this message "License not yet accepted, but executed with no-prompt flag. Exiting."

From the documentation, it tells me I should get the Terms of Service to accept, but it does not pop up.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

start the service manually one
/opt/splunk/bin/splunk start
it should ask you to accept the terms of service.

or delete the file /opt/splunk/ftr used to detect the first time run.

View solution in original post

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

start the service manually one
/opt/splunk/bin/splunk start
it should ask you to accept the terms of service.

or delete the file /opt/splunk/ftr used to detect the first time run.

bcyates
Communicator

Removing ftr did it for me as well. Upgraded from 6.4.4 to 6.6.3

0 Karma

n00badmin
Communicator

worked for me as well on CENTOS upgrading to splunk-6.0.1-189883-linux-2.6-x86_64.rpm

0 Karma

rpearson
Explorer

Running the service is how I was getting that error message. Deleting the ftr file did the trick. Thanks!

luisgustavo
Explorer

I had the problem starting with /etc/init.d/splunk start, but with /opt/splunk/bin/splunk start it worked.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...