Installation

iNSTALLATION SOLARIS 11.4 TERMINAL

DANITO115
Explorer

Buenos días comunidad queria saber si es posible instalar el splunk en solaris 11.4, si correcto me podria proporcionar los comandos necesarios para realizar la instalacion se lo agradezco (soy novato)

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, Sure. 

1) On the UF download page, you can find the curl command for downloading the UF agent. copy that curl command and run it in your Solaris, it will download the UF agent package. 

2) after downloading the UF package, you can install it using the steps listed here:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Forwarder/9.1.1/Forwarder/Installanixuniversalforwarder#Instal...

Let us know if any queries you have got, thanks. 

View solution in original post

DANITO115
Explorer

Good morning community wanted to know if it is possible to install the splunk in solaris 11.4, if correct could provide me with the necessary commands to perform the installation I appreciate it (I'm newbie)

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @DANITO115 ...on Solaris only Universal Forwarder can be installed and logs can "collected" from the Solaris. 

Indexer / Search Head, HF, LM, DS, etc can not be installed. 

indexer-INSTALL-misc.jpg

image is from

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.1/Installation/Systemrequirements

As you are a new member, Karma / upvotes are appreciated by everyone. if this post solves your issue, pls accept it as solution, so question will move to answered queue. thanks. 

DANITO115
Explorer

thank u for ur response my friend its usefull but i know only the big pack its avaible for solaris thats what i need and thats what im using on a red hat and now i want to install on a Solaris 11.4 if u lknow how i can make via Terminal on solaris for install and download i will apreciated

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, Sure. 

1) On the UF download page, you can find the curl command for downloading the UF agent. copy that curl command and run it in your Solaris, it will download the UF agent package. 

2) after downloading the UF package, you can install it using the steps listed here:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Forwarder/9.1.1/Forwarder/Installanixuniversalforwarder#Instal...

Let us know if any queries you have got, thanks. 

DANITO115
Explorer

Good morning sorry for ask again for the same theme, im triying to install on Solaris 11.4 splunk in but i can bcs  my solaris doestn recognize the comand for the installation 

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @DANITO115 ... may i know what command you ran, what was the output.. copy paste the full command output from your solaris please

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...