Installation

Where can I get the Splunk Forwarder 5.0.18 Download file?

dkhandelwal

I have a AIX 5.3 system for which I want to install Splunk forwarder Agent but I see on the Splunk website that Forwarder software is not available for this version of Operating system.

Request you to let me know if you can provide me with old version of Splunk software from any Splunk repo which is compatible with AIX 5.3 OS.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @dkhandelwal,

you can ask to Splunk Support to give you the requested version, but anyway, I suppose that they will not hint to follow this solution because the main problem is the compatibility between this version and the Splunk version that you're using (9.x I suppose).

So probably they will guide you in choosing a newer version that isn't certified because your version of AIX is too old but that is probably compatible with a newer version of UF.

Otherwise, you have to send AIX logs to Splunk using syslogs.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...