Installation
Highlighted

What is the minimum screen resolution for Splunk 6.5.0 to run?

Installed Splunk Enterprise 6.5.0 on a Windows Server 2012 (VMware).

Received error on startup: "This app can't open - The screen resolution is too low for this app to run."

Cannot find the minimum screen resolution for Splunk in the installation guides. I'm currently set at 1234 x 682.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: What is the minimum screen resolution for Splunk 6.5.0 to run?

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Not sure what issue you are encountering there. We just tested this successfully in a Windows Server 2012 R2 virtual machine at 800x600. It also worked in Windows Server 2008 at the same resolution.

Perhaps it isn't too low, but just a non-standard resolution that is causing the problem?

I am also not sure where the error message is coming from. Splunk Enterprise doesn't open any windows. What browser are you using?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Agree. Sure would like to see a screenshot of this. Splunk Enterprise can't throw an error message like this, but a browser could.

0 Karma
Highlighted

This message was displayed after attempting to launch Splunk Enterprise 6.5 via a Remote Desktop Connection from one VM Server to another. (I do not have a screenshot available). The issue was resolved by setting the screen resolution to one of the pre-set values, in this case, 1152x864.

0 Karma