Installation

Universal Forwarder logs

engrimranzakir
Explorer

Hi All,

As i install universal forwarder on different pc using local user in domain environment  logs received at Splunk enterprise, when i used domain user it did not. Did someone face this issue ?  

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

engrimranzakir
Explorer

I applied the group policy on other machines but cannot collect logs, while when using local policy on machines no problem in receiving logs.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

tscroggins
Influencer

@engrimranzakir 

Splunk Universal Forwarder assumes it is running as SYSTEM; otherwise, you must explicitly grant the user the necessary permissions and rights to both access objects and log on as a service. Did the domain user have the same group memberships and user rights as the local user?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Platform | Upgrading your Splunk Deployment to Python 3.9

Splunk initially announced the removal of Python 2 during the release of Splunk Enterprise 8.0.0, aiming to ...

From Product Design to User Insights: Boosting App Developer Identity on Splunkbase

co-authored by Yiyun Zhu & Dan Hosaka Engaging with the Community at .conf24 At .conf24, we revitalized the ...

Detect and Resolve Issues in a Kubernetes Environment

We’ve gone through common problems one can encounter in a Kubernetes environment, their impacts, and the ...