Installation

Universal Forwarder hosts - How do I replace self-signed SSL cert with one from LetsEncrypt on Debian & Ubuntu?

mbw
Observer

Tenable.io is alerting on all my splunk universal forwarder client hosts (Debian & Ubuntu)

It is seeing port 8089 on these hosts (probably the management port??) and throwing this error:

The following certificate was found at the top of the certificate
chain sent by the remote host, but is self-signed and was not
found in the list of known certificate authorities :

|-Subject : C=US/ST=CA/L=San Francisco/O=Splunk/CN=SplunkCommonCA/E=support@splunk.com

I dont need to encypt splunk commuications from universal forwarder to splunk server, I just want Tenable to see a signed cert on this port so it doesnt complain. Where is this file and can I replace it with my fullchain.pem from Letsencrypt that is already elsewhere on this host?

thanks,

Matt

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability - Improvements to Custom Metrics SLOs, Log Observer Connect & ...

The latest enhancements to the Splunk observability portfolio deliver improved SLO management accuracy, better ...

Improve Data Pipelines Using Splunk Data Management

Register Now   This Tech Talk will explore the pipeline management offerings Edge Processor and Ingest ...

3-2-1 Go! How Fast Can You Debug Microservices with Observability Cloud?

Register Join this Tech Talk to learn how unique features like Service Centric Views, Tag Spotlight, and ...