Installation

Unable to add account to Tenable add-on

williamcclark
Explorer

Hi,

I just installed the TA-tenable add-on and was going to configure it; however, when I get to the account configuration it does not matter what account type I use, I always get "Error in processing the request". Has anyone seen this before? If so, what is the fix?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

danielcj
Communicator

Hello @williamcclark ,

Is this a Splunk Cloud or on-premise instance? If it is Splunk Cloud and it is a Classic stack confirm if this app is installed in IDM instead of the SH.

Also, I recommend you the following:
1 - Open the developer tools of your browser and go to the Console to see if there any errors shown when you receive this error message.

2 - Look for internal errors of this TA in Splunk.

index=_internal source=*tenable*

Thanks.

0 Karma

williamcclark
Explorer

I was able to check _internal and found  "SSLError(MaxRetryError("HTTPSConnectionPool(host='redacted.host.com', port=XXX): Max retries exceeded with url: /rest/token (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: SSLV3_ALERT_HANDSHAKE_FAILURE] sslv3 alert handshake failure (_ssl.c:1106)')))")). I have verify SSL set to false in the tenable_consts.py file so I am not sure if that has bearing ...*update* it does not still getting the same error. Any ideas?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...