Installation

Unable to access web UI

fromero
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi all, I am new to splunk

When I start splunk, it does not show information regarding the web being available to access.

Normally at the end there is a meesage saying that the web interface is available at 127.0.0.0:8000

I just desapeared because I was able to earlier. I dont know if a misconfigured something

fromero_0-1706307621113.png

Appreciate the help

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @fromero ,

if you run "your_ip_address:8000" can you access the web GUI of your Splunk server?

If not there could be two issues:

• as @isoutamo said, the web interfaces could be disabled, if this is your firt installation it's very rare,
  • you didn't disable the local firewall  (iptables).

In the second case disable iptables and try again.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Based on screen shot the web server is disabled, so there shouldn’t be anything listening on port 8000. Unless it’s not disabled then you should found reason why it’s not try to start it from splunkd.log.

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

you should check if you have disabled web server. See https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Security/DisableunnecessarySplunkcomponents

r. Ismo

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...