Installation

Splunk web starts but says it's unable to

srhuston
New Member

I've been running Splunk for some time, and with a recent update - though I can't say I recall which one - I noticed the 'bin/splunk start' that I would run after an upgrade would fail:

 

 

Starting splunk server daemon (splunkd)...
Done
                                                           [  OK  ]

Waiting for web server at https://:443 to be available.......................................................................................................................^C

 

 

The program eventually returns from that with an error that the web server wasn't available, but it is - in fact as soon as it starts to check, it's already running fine and handling traffic.  I note the URL is strange in this output, and some times there seems to be unprintable characters in it.  I've checked etc/system/local for any files that have unprintable characters or otherwise seem amiss, but things there are fine.  web.conf specifies the IP address for the appropriate interface, and server.conf specifies the hostname for it.  Another test I just did now resulted in this:

 

Waiting for web server at https://rops.conf:443 to be available...

 

It really seems like some uninitialized value somewhere but the splunkd.log file doesn't show any related errors.  Currently running 8.1.2 on RHEL7.

Labels (1)
0 Karma