Installation

Splunk-otel-collector service unable to start

susheelpatil1

I have installed splunk otel collector on lnux(ubuntu). But when i run to start the service and check the status i see below logs. I removed all the reference to environment variable on agent_config.yaml. keeping basic hostmetrics, oltp receivers and file exporter. urgent need to make it work, any help appreciated.

● splunk-otel-collector.service - Splunk OpenTelemetry Collector
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/splunk-otel-collector.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2024-07-10 15:12:54 EDT; 13min ago
    Process: 246312 ExecStart=/usr/bin/otelcol $OTELCOL_OPTIONS (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
   Main PID: 246312 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jul 10 15:12:54 patil-ntd systemd[1]: splunk-otel-collector.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Jul 10 15:12:54 patil-ntd systemd[1]: Stopped Splunk OpenTelemetry Collector.
Jul 10 15:12:54 patil-ntd systemd[1]: splunk-otel-collector.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Jul 10 15:12:54 patil-ntd systemd[1]: splunk-otel-collector.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jul 10 15:12:54 patil-ntd systemd[1]: Failed to start Splunk OpenTelemetry Collector.

Labels (3)
0 Karma

rotosetianto
Explorer

HI @susheelpatil1 

Did you have resolve the issue?i'm new on splunk and have same error

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Out of the Box to Up And Running - Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud ...

Tech Talk Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud Environment Register    Out of the Box to Up And Running ...

Splunk Smartness with Brandon Sternfield | Episode 3

Hello and welcome to another episode of "Splunk Smartness," the interview series where we explore the power of ...

Monitoring Postgres with OpenTelemetry

Behind every business-critical application, you’ll find databases. These behind-the-scenes stores power ...