Installation

Splunk index usage report in prod, dev, and qa environment

Mohsin123
Path Finder

Hi,
We have licence master in Prod. Dev and qa can no way communicate with prod. Licence master is shared among prod, qa and Dev. From qa and Dev, licence master is unreachable I. E it doesn't produce logs. I want a report in Dev and qa that will give me splunk indexes usage per index in Dev and qa from the license master. Can anyone please help me on how to approach this and achieve the result.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Setup a Monitoring Console that can talk to everybody (QA, Dev, Prod) and be sure that he can talk to the license server, too. This is the right/best way to do it. MC has more reports than you will care to use.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Please see the Distributed Management Console documentation. Specifically, around licensing https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/DMC/DMCLicensing and
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Admin/AboutSplunksLicenseUsageReportView

The document also has steps for configuring DMC based on type of your Splunk environment. If you have created separate license pools for different environments then it will be easy to split license usage across license pools.

Mohsin123
Path Finder

Please anyone could answer?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You need to UnAccept this answer (or delete it). The way to bump it is to edit the original question text with the gear icon in the upper-right and save an adjustment.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@shraddhamuduli, I think you have written this comment as mistake and also Accepted this answer. Splunkers tend to ignore the questions that have already been answered. So please Unaccept and convert back to comment instead of answer.

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...