Installation

Splunk Add-on for AWS unable to configure

prossiman
Observer

Hi,

we are running a splunk single server deployment with version 8.29.

Now we installed the Splunk Add-on for AWS Version 6.3.1 .

But after the installation the Splunk Add-on for AWS, we are unable to configure the AWS Add-On.

We got the following error message

splunk_aws-addon_error1.JPGsplunk_aws-addon_error2.JPG

How can we solve this situation.

Best regards,

Klaus

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @prossiman,

if you  are using Splunk Cloud, you can also use data Manager to easily ingest AWS logs, bul you can also use the Splunk Add-On for AWS,

Did you followed the documentation: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/AWS/Releasenotes?_ga=2.79430039.2041590115.167....

I configured it for a customer without problems: you have to follow all the described steps, especially the ones on AWS.

then where do you installed this Add-On? It's usually installed on an Heavy Forwarder and Search Heads (if on-prem) and on a Search Head (if on Splunk Cloud).

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...