Installation

Need Help on installing the UF credential package through deployment server

anuroy
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I am using splunk cloud 8.2 version and trying to collect logs from Domain controllers by installing UF's on them.

I have Deployment server set up to manage those Uf's and here i have the doubt.

Inorder to connect Uf's with splunk cloud instance we need to install the UF credential package on each of the UF's. So can i install it with the help of Deployment server? so that i dont have to install it manually by going to each of the UF's. 

I would really appreciate if someone can guide me in this.

Thanks in advance !

Labels (1)
0 Karma

anuroy
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Also forgot to mention that i already have the UF credential  installed as app in my deployment-apps folder of my deployment server, so can't i deploy the same app to all of my UF's ? so that they can start sending logs to my splunk cloud instance.

0 Karma

anuroy
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Thanks!

In the 5th step of the Doc it is asking for UF username and password

1. Install the credentials package by running the following command:
    splunk install app <full path to splunkclouduf.spl> -auth <username>:<password>
    where <full path to splunkclouduf.spl> is the path to the directory where the splunkclouduf.spl file is located and <username>:<password> are the username and password of an existing admin account on the universal forwarder.

So that means i have to install the UF credentials everytime i install a new UF on DC becoz password would be different for Uf's.

Please guide.

0 Karma

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...