Installation

Missing Results in Splunk after update from 7 to 8

anae

Hi, we have a small cluster formed with two indexeres, one search head and one master.
After updating from splunk 7 to splunk 8, the search head will only show results from one of the indexers and not the other.
In the master head everything has green health, it sees both indexers and says they searchable, even though in reality I'm only getting results from one indexer.
Besides this, I've looked in the logs from the search head, the master head and the indexers, but nothing relevant appears.
Does anyone have a hint on what to do to get results from both indexers?

Thanks

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hi @anae,

Could you please confirm that your search head is part of the cluster and configured as follows in server.conf :
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Indexer/Configuresearchheadwithserverconf

It could be that you only have one of the indexers defined as a search peer on the SH which would only allow you to see data from one of the indexers.

Cheers,
David

0 Karma

anae

it's worth mentioning that if I open up the indexer in question and search directly on it, all the events are there - so it's receiving data and indexing

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...