Installation

'License is Expired' on trial version Mac OS 10.12?

gauravrinwa

I just installed the trial version for Mac OS 10.12 and getting error 'License is Expired' and 'Please login as administrator as to update the license' on the login page. When I try to login with default credentials (admin/changeme) it gives me another error 'Invalid username or password.'
I've singed up for 30 day tutorial 'Splunk 6.X Fundamentals Part 1 (eLearning)' but can't do much without the trial version.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

tkomatsubara_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello, your issue seems to be a type of known issue and should be noted here ( http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.2/ReleaseNotes/KnownIssues ).

Which version of Splunk are you using?
If you are using Splunk 6.6.2 or before, its embeded trial license key has already expired on 25 Aug 2017.

But if you try Splunk 6.6.3, you should be ok.

The reason is
in enttrial.lic of 6.6.2

<absolute_expiration_time>1503619200</absolute_expiration_time> ... 25 Aug 2017

in enttrial.lic of 6.6.2

<absolute_expiration_time>1556815548</absolute_expiration_time> ... 3 May 2019

View solution in original post

tkomatsubara_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello, your issue seems to be a type of known issue and should be noted here ( http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.2/ReleaseNotes/KnownIssues ).

Which version of Splunk are you using?
If you are using Splunk 6.6.2 or before, its embeded trial license key has already expired on 25 Aug 2017.

But if you try Splunk 6.6.3, you should be ok.

The reason is
in enttrial.lic of 6.6.2

<absolute_expiration_time>1503619200</absolute_expiration_time> ... 25 Aug 2017

in enttrial.lic of 6.6.2

<absolute_expiration_time>1556815548</absolute_expiration_time> ... 3 May 2019

lfedak_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Were you able to resolve this @gauravrinwa?

0 Karma

mattymo
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The trial version should roll to free, is it possible you installed over an old install?

Did you try a clean install?

- MattyMo
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...