Installation

Is there a better way to install the universal forwarder over the command line?

mp32

I'm running this command in Powershell to try to install a Universal Forwarder on my windows 2019 server 

msiexec.exe /i "C:\TEMP\splunkforwarder-9.0.0.1-9e907cedecb1-x64-release.msi" WINEVENTLOG_APP_ENABLE=0 WINEVENTLOG_SEC_ENABLE=0 WINEVENTLOG_SYS_ENABLE=0 WINEVENTLOG_FWD_ENABLE=0 WINEVENTLOG_SET_ENABLE=0 AGREETOLICENSE=Yes SERVICESTARTTYPE=auto DEPLOYMENT_SERVER="deployment.splunk.uic.edu:8089" /norestart

I'm running into this error and not sure why:

This isntallation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a Valid windows installer package.

Is there a better way to install the universal forwarder over the command line?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

You are following the recommended way.

Check if you've met prerequisites mentioned: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.4/Installation/InstallonWindowsviathecommandline#Pr...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...