Installation

Is Splunk a cybersecurity tool?

marksmith991
Observer

I'm curious about Splunk and its role in cybersecurity. Can anyone shed some light on whether Splunk is classified as a cybersecurity tool? How does it contribute to cybersecurity strategies, and are there specific use cases that make it stand out in the realm of cybersecurity tools? Appreciate any insights or experiences you can share.

Regards:

@marksmith991 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @marksmith991,

if you read the Gartner or Forrester Reports about SIEMs, you find Splunk as a leader in this market sector; in your vision, is a SIEM a Security tool?

I think that a SIEM (and Splunk is a SIEM market leader) is one of the milestones of each security platform (not only tool!).

Then you can expand your solution using a SOAR (as Splunk Phantom), an Enterprise User Behaviour solution (as Splunk UBA), threat intelligence feeds, and many other apps that you can use on Splunk.

About Strategies, I think that a security strategy must start from the board of the company, descend on all the employees and find application in many solutions that anyway must start from the SIEM, or (better) from the Security Operation Center (SOC).

It's finished the vision that security are tools as firewalls or antivirus installed in the company network: today security is an approach from the board to all the employees that use integrated technology solutions (still note solutions, not tools!) in continue evolution.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...