Installation

Install universal forwarder Splunk-9.2.0.1-x64 from GPO

trha_
Loves-to-Learn

I am trying to install splunk with GPO. Previously, I installed it locally on the machines with a batch file with additional installation parameters.
Now I use the same batch file with a GPO and I get a system error 1376 "The specified local group does not exist"
Same user works when I install locally.
When I install locally I use domain\username.
The user is used to run the splunk service.

Labels (3)
0 Karma

Boxswurst
Loves-to-Learn

We have the same problem here. The “Performance Monitor Users” group does not exist on a domain controller. Accordingly, the domain account for the forwarder cannot be added.

0 Karma

trha_
Loves-to-Learn

I am having the issue on Windows clients.

Because the group isn't on Domain Controllers shouldn't splunk install clients anyway?

If I dont use my AD user to run the service I am able to install splunk from GPO. The installer creates a user and put it on NT Service.

The NT Service\splunk-user is not added to any of the required groups I do that manually.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...