Installation

IT Essentials Work infrastructure overview - Windows entities overview CPU utilization shows N/A?

Helios
Loves-to-Learn Everything

I'ved been having issues with getting "CPU utilization" to up on the Windows infrastructure dashboard.  I found that when i click on the Windows entities and move onto a single windows machine itself i see all pertinent data for CPU utilization, but for some reason i cannot get it to show on the dashboards as a graph.   

I have it set as the key indicator on the overview dashboard, it shows nothing, whereas the other key values show data (memory, network, and disk utilization).

key info

- 4 windows hosts (all same issue, shows N/A for CPU utilization)

- i have manipulated the search job schedule 

- entity discovery search is enabled, and manipulated the savedsearches.conf, gave it more time.

- set correct Index in macros in SA-ITOA

- checked on the _meta field in the windows stanza and the entity_type::windows_host is all there. 

- perfmon::CPU is all there.

So its weird why i am getting N/A for cpu utilization on the windows entity overview page and the infrastructure overview dashboard. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.   

Labels (4)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...