Installation

How to create a script that will help me to know each devices that are not sending logs?

pacifikn
Communicator

Greetings!

Kindly Dear Team, Kindly help on how to create a script / Alert in Splunk that will help me to know the devices that are not sending logs?

I usually use query to know the device that are not sending logs but i need that we could get message alert for each device that are not sending logs.

>Manually:

index: xxx   earliest=1 | stats latest(_time) as _time count by host.

I would like to get the alert or if there's another way I get alert all the devices that are not sending logs/receiving its logs. kindly help me?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @pacifikn,

if you see in the Monitoring Console, you can find this search.

Anyway, if you want your own, you should create a lookup (called e.g. perimeter.csv) containing the list of hosts to monitor (aftel I'll describe this point) and run a search like this:

| metasearch index=_internal 
| eval host=lower(host)
| stats count BY host
| appemd [ | inputlookup perimeter.csv | eval host=lower(host), count=0 | fields host count ]
| stats sum(count) AS total BY host
| where total=0

About the perimeter.csv lookup, you can manually manage it (and I hint this) or automatically rebuild every night scheduling a search.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...