Installation

How to configure Splunk on Windows to consume logs from Cisco-managed S3 bucket ?

damode
Motivator

As the title suggests, I am looking to configure Splunk on Windows platform to consume logs from Cisco-managed S3 bucket ?
There are already instructions to configure Splunk on Linux, but wondering if there is a similar solution for Splunk on Windows ?

0 Karma

mitchrone

I know it won't be a poetry writing but you can still try and ask the writing experts about it.

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

I'm going to start off by saying Splunk on windows comes with some big drawbacks.
If this project is important to your business, you should have a read of this post:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/516059/what-are-the-pain-points-with-deploying-your-splun.html
After you have read that, you should consider petitioning for linux servers to run Splunk components on!

Having said that, The Splunk AWS Add-on is supported on any platform supported by Splunk Enterprise, so you should be able to install both the App and the Add-On in windows in exactly the same way as Linux

What do you mean "Cisco managed S3"?

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma

damode
Motivator

There are two type of S3 buckets for Umbrella DNS. one is Cisco Managed and other is self Managed bucket.

0 Karma

lznger88_2
Path Finder

Hey damode,

Did you end up figuring this out? I unfortunately have found myself in the exact same scenario.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...