Installation

How to add the admin password required to start Splunk 7.1.0 in a scripted install?

Engager

How to add the admin password required to start Splunk 7.1.0 in a scripted install?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There's a few ways, the recommend one is mentioned in the docs, for example here.

In short - user-seed.conf is your friend - that second link also contains advice how to start with a hashed password, so you don't need to save a cleartext password to a .conf file. That's the recommended way! 😉

Hope that helps - if it does I'd be happy if you would upvote/accept this answer, so others could profit from it. 🙂

View solution in original post

Engager

What I found worked best in my scripts was to use the --seed-passwd

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There's a few ways, the recommend one is mentioned in the docs, for example here.

In short - user-seed.conf is your friend - that second link also contains advice how to start with a hashed password, so you don't need to save a cleartext password to a .conf file. That's the recommended way! 😉

Hope that helps - if it does I'd be happy if you would upvote/accept this answer, so others could profit from it. 🙂

View solution in original post

State of Splunk Careers

Access the Splunk Careers Report to see real data that shows how Splunk mastery increases your value and job satisfaction.

Find out what your skills are worth!