After a year of using Splunk Light I have four different licenses listed under Licensing in Splunk Web. Two have expired, one is a temporary Splunk Light Trial applied while waiting for a new license renewal, and the final is the actual renewal for one year. The Licensing page also shows a couple of alerts ...
This pool has exceeded its configured poolsize=0 bytes. A warning has been recorded for all members This pool contains slave(s) with 1 warning(s)
Both the Splunk Light Trial and the Splunk Light Term are currently active giving me a total of 10Gb/day but the trial will expire on 6-30-2017 which should put me back to the 5Gb/day that I purchased.
How do I clean up these licenses in Splunk Light (no Splunk Web option to delete a license like in Enterprise) without creating issues with the license pool? There are no slaves and this is a single server configuration.
Logged into the Splunk server and ran: splunk list licenses. Captured the HASHES for the expired licenses from the GUI.
Removed the expired license using command: splunk remove licenses HASH. This removed the license immediately from the GUI - no restart required.
I still see four license pools when running the command: splunk list licenser-pools; however, only auto_generated_pool_lite showed used_bytes leading me to believe that was the only active pool. The other three said used_bytes:0.
Running the command : splunk list licenser-messages still shows two messages containing the messages described in the original post. I found no way via the CLI to clean this up.