Installation

How can install a non-current version of an app to Splunk? Or how to by pass this message to upload this app manually?

williamyoung
Engager

Hello,

I am using the Splunk Victoria experience and am attempting to install the n-1 version of an app to Splunk search head. When uploading the file for installation, i receive the following error. 

This app is available for installation directly from Splunkbase. To install this app, use the App Browser page in Splunk Web.

My question is how can install a non-current version of an app to Splunk? Or how to by pass this message to upload this app manually? 

For Reference i am installing the 8.5.0 version of "Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux", but this will need to be done for multiple apps. 

Thank you 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @williamyoung,

it should be better to use the last version of apps, but if you need to maintain an old version, you can ask this to Splunk Cloud Support.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...