Installation

How can I connect indexes to cluster?

domino30
Path Finder

So I have a vSphere environment.  our indexer machines are running rhel 8.7 and I installed splunk enterprise on all them.

We named them indx01, indx02 and indx03 real creative yep but with some googling we turning off distributed searching and disabled firewall just to be sure we initially had a success in adding peers to the index cluster master, but they were throwing an error that said unable to connect to the cluster master and so on the replication factor blah blah. So then we disabled indexer clustering on all of them and now I can't get any of them to be added.

Distributed search turned off check

firewall disabled   check

on the same domain and dns  check

I am attaching a image of a warning but I don't know what if anything it has to do with the problem

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

have you followed instructions to create indexer cluster from docs?

At least you must add pass4symmkey for clustering when you are adding node to cluster. Without it, it cannot connect to cm and join to the cluster. Use the same key than you have defined o cm for clustering. It should be different than general pass4symmkey!

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...