Installation

Fresh install only listening on localhost port 8000

cambler

I downloaded the TGZ, unpacked, started with accepting the license, and all appeared to be proper. When I am logged in to the machine I installed on and telnet to port 8000 on localhost, I get a web server and all appears okay. But netstat shows me nothing listening on port 8000 otherwise.

It's not listening on 0.0.0.0 (all interfaces) as it should.

Attempts to connect from anywhere other than the local install machine time out.

Is this a limitation of the free license?

I've checked the logs and see no errors. Nothing else is bound on 8000. Am I missing the obvious?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Raghav2384
Motivator

I could be wrong but 8000 is the port used by splunkweb.
8089 should be your management port and 9997 tcp

0 Karma

cambler

Yes, 8000 is the port I'm after - the web interface.

I'm going to have to presume that this is a firewall issue somewhere between myself and the server. Everything with Splunk appears fine.

0 Karma

Raghav2384
Motivator

Undrrstood

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...