Installation

Completely isolated datacenters with one single Splunk license?

maverick
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I have two separate datacenters that are NOT connected via the network, but instead are isolated completely.

The first datacenter is a production site, while the second one is a dev/test site.

Since the two DC sites are not able to communicate with each other at all, how do I setup my single Splunk license to be used (pooled?) across them?

0 Karma

jensihnow
Path Finder

As descirbed below you need a licence master, behause splunk connects ones a day to the master and checks the license informations.... E2C Micro instance is a cheap Way, but don't forgot to Secure the connections. 😉

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

I guess you need a Splunk License Master instance running somewhere that your Search Peers(License Clients) have common network access to.

Spin up an Amazon EC2 instance perhaps ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...