Installation

Cluster manager node does not appear in Setup menu

Haleb
Path Finder

Hi, I tried to build Splunk environment with 1 SH and indexer cluster with 2 pears + manager node. When I go to Monitoring console -> Settings -> General Setup it shows me only my SH and pears without manager node

Haleb_0-1717504524359.png

But when I go to Distributed environment I can see my indexer manager configured

Haleb_1-1717504631603.png

I did something wrong or it should not be displayed in General Setup menu?

Labels (5)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Haleb ,

where did you run the Monitoring Console, on SH?
it's better to use it on Cluster Manager or (better) on a dedicated server.

Anyway, if this is a lab, you have to configure your Monicoring Console, accessing all the systems in your infrastructure as Search Peer.

In other words, go in [Settings > Distributed Search > Add Peer] and add also the Cluster Manager as Search peer (on 8089 port) and you'll see it in the Monitoring Console.

I did the same error some years ago!

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Let’s Talk Terraform

If you’re beyond the first-weeks-of-a-startup stage, chances are your application’s architecture is pretty ...

Cloud Platform | Customer Change Announcement: Email Notification is Available For ...

The Notification Team is migrating our email service provider. As the rollout progresses, Splunk has enabled ...

Save the Date: GovSummit Returns Wednesday, December 11th!

Hey there, Splunk Community! Exciting news: Splunk’s GovSummit 2024 is returning to Washington, D.C. on ...