Installation

Can't Download Splunk Enterprise.

DavidHourani
Super Champion

I can download apps from the splunkbase but when I try to download splunk enterprise I land on the following URL:

http://www.splunk.com/en_us/download/splunk-enterprise/thank-you-for-downloading.html#

With a message stating that my download will start shortly and it never starts.

Any solutions?

David

Labels (1)
0 Karma

chimell
Motivator

Hi
you can download splunk Enterprise instance version 6.3.2 for Windows 7 or 8 , Linux , Mac OS or Solaris

Just click on the following link and in the opening page choose the instance of the Operating System that you want .
This bring you in another page where you are calling to fill a form before continuous downloading

http://www.splunk.com/en_us/download/splunk-enterprise.html

0 Karma

rsape

I'm not able to download on Mac OS.

0 Karma

chimell
Motivator

After clicking the link above , in the opening page click on Older releases in the second opening page click on the Operating System which concern you and see all the version of splunk Enterprise instance that you can download

0 Karma

chimell
Motivator

do you fill a displayed form ? What happen when you do it

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Thank you for your reply. I did that already but nothing pops up..

0 Karma

gyslainlatsa
Motivator

here's what I did:
I updated my Google Chrome browser to version 48.0
and I launched this link below to download the 32-bit Windows splunk. it happened successfully

http://www.splunk.com/en_us/download/splunk-enterprise/thank-you-for-downloading.html

if that does not work, try clicking on this section: Download not starting? Please use this URL.

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Thank you for taking the time to that. The link doesn't work for me and the "please use this URL." does nothing . Maybe some browser option or plugin is blocking, does adblock affect the download ?

0 Karma

gyslainlatsa
Motivator
0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

The link doesn't answer the question. And the person asking doesn't mention anything about having the problem resolved.

0 Karma

gyslainlatsa
Motivator

what version of Splunk you wanted to download?
Windows, Linux or Mac OS.

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

6.3.2 Linux 64bits. but I think its a pop up problem 😞 apparently it works for everyone...

0 Karma

gyslainlatsa
Motivator

hi DavidHourani,

using what operating system and what browse?

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

win 7 chrome: Version 47.0 ^^

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...