Installation

Add-on installation prompt for file location

timrcase
Explorer

Is there a way to make a technology add-on prompt for a file location as part of the installation, or should it assume the default location in the default/inputs.conf file and require the user to change it using local/inputs.conf if necessary?

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi timrcase,

I'm not aware of prompt for a technology add-on, you probably could add a setup screen for it.

Your assumption regarding default/inputs.conf and local/inputs.conf is correct: all default setting should/must be in default (this will be over-written in case of an update) and all user settings should/must be in local (this will NOT be over-written in case of an update).

hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...