Getting Data In

splunk app for palo Alto , Time Zone issue in the logs we received

SunilMaharishi
Path Finder

Hello Team ,

we have strange issue with the logs we receive from palo alto devices , we have app/addon installed and as i see props.conf file has time zone configured as TZ=GMT for these logs and devices who are sending logs are also in GMT only .

Now when i search logs in search head with real time windows it shows correct logs .

But if i select logs for last 4 hours 60 minutes etc . it shows alert where event time is delayed by 8 hours. that is last event it shows is 8 hours earlier.

when i select all time it will show current event from firewall for eg :- if current time is 2PM UTC then event shown is 2PM
and splunk user time it shows is 10 PM PST in the logs listed .

I am not sure what is wrong as sourcetypes are having TZ=GMT configured but still looks like splunk is adding 8 hours in it as my splunk servers are in pst.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

SunilMaharishi
Path Finder

solved the problem

View solution in original post

0 Karma

SunilMaharishi
Path Finder

solved the problem

0 Karma

GW
Engager

There is a very special, and very warm, place for people who DON'T POST THE SOLUTION! !#@$!@#$%@#$%@$#^

ashajambagi
Communicator

What was the solution?

0 Karma

DBattisto
Communicator

How did you solve this issue?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...