Getting Data In

rename field name in lookup table with outputlookup command

newsplunker2024
Explorer

Hi,

I want to rename the fields while writing to a lookup table using outputlookup command. Is there a way to do it?

I intend to use the lookup table in the next run of the same query so want separate field names in lookup table.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Why can't you just rename it before the outputlookup and rename it back afterwards?

Please expand on your usecase

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Why can't you just rename it before the outputlookup and rename it back afterwards?

Please expand on your usecase

0 Karma

newsplunker2024
Explorer

Yeah, that is an option as well. However, thought it would be easier if there was an option to rename the fields while writing to the lookup table.

I did an AI search which showed outputlookup had a rename option, but couldn't find it in the syntax on splunk website. So was just curious as well, if it is possible at all.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, AI can be good at making stuff up! 😀

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

How to Get Started with Splunk Data Management Pipeline Builders (Edge Processor & ...

If you want to gain full control over your growing data volumes, check out Splunk’s Data Management pipeline ...

Out of the Box to Up And Running - Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud ...

Tech Talk Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud Environment Register    Out of the Box to Up And Running ...

Splunk Smartness with Brandon Sternfield | Episode 3

Hello and welcome to another episode of "Splunk Smartness," the interview series where we explore the power of ...