Getting Data In

"Failed to parse Timestamp. Defaulting to file modtime"- Error message

nandhini_amir
Engager

Hi,

It will be so helpful for me, if anybody could give a solution to the following question

When i am trying to parse the data into splunk before indexing, the timestamp of the events were not identified properly and it is showing "Failed to parse timestamp. Defaulting to file modtime" what should i do now to resolve this.

The timestamp in the log events are in the format of 201908162035357024.00 that is 2019-08-16 20:35:35

Tags (1)
0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi,

You can use below configuration on Indexer to parse timestamp correctly. Below configuration will parse 20190816203535702 . Can you please confirm whether timestamp in raw event is at starting point ? If yes then you can add TIME_PREFIX = ^ in below configuration.

props.conf

[yourSourcetype]
TIME_FORMAT = %Y%m%d%H%M%S%3N
MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD = 17
0 Karma

nandhini_amir
Engager

yes, the timestamp is in starting point. Thanks i will check this and will find how it works

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...