Getting Data In

how to list metadata from dbconnect inputs?

3DGjos
Communicator

Hello,

I have to survey our client's dbx inputs, with their metadata (index, sourcetype) but the command:

| rest splunk_server=local /servicesNS/nobody/splunk_app_db_connect/configs/inputs

is not giving me the inputs at all. Can you please help me to make the query? I need the input name, with the respective connection and metadata, for all inputs.

Thanks!

Tags (4)
0 Karma

ArchieCrozier
Path Finder

@hiteshdholakiya , That is exactly what I needed.  Karma added.  Wish this was marked a the solution.  Worked perfect for what I needed.  THANK YOU!!

0 Karma

hiteshdholakiya
Explorer

Hello @3DGjos 

Try the following:

For listing out all inputs on dbconnect v3:

| rest splunk_server=local /servicesNS/nobody/splunk_app_db_connect/configs/conf-db_inputs/

For listing out all connections on dbconnect v3:

| rest splunk_server=local /servicesNS/nobody/splunk_app_db_connect/configs/conf-db_connections/

For listing out all identities on dbconnect v3:

| rest splunk_server=local /servicesNS/nobody/splunk_app_db_connect/configs/conf-identities/

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

When DBX is installed also on SH layer there are monitoring part which is showing  status information of whole environment (including inputs on HFs when all nodes sent internal logs to the IDX layer).

0 Karma

arrangineni
Path Finder

3DGjos

By any chance you got the REST command working for DB Connect inputs.. I am trying to find similar information but nothing working at this point.

0 Karma

hiteshdholakiya
Explorer

Hello @arrangineni 

Try the following:

For listing out all inputs on dbconnect v3:

| rest splunk_server=local /servicesNS/nobody/splunk_app_db_connect/configs/conf-db_inputs/

For listing out all connections on dbconnect v3:

| rest splunk_server=local /servicesNS/nobody/splunk_app_db_connect/configs/conf-db_connections/

For listing out all identities on dbconnect v3:

| rest splunk_server=local /servicesNS/nobody/splunk_app_db_connect/configs/conf-identities/

Tags (1)
0 Karma

arrangineni
Path Finder

@hiteshdholakiya . Thanks this is exactly what I am looking for.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...