Getting Data In

how to extract json fields in a mixed type log outside SPL (spath) in props.conf/transform.conf

RetailOperation
Explorer

I have a logfile with "|" (pipe) seperated field. So i use transform.conf to seperate those fields.

two of the fields I separate are json. Usually  I use spath in SPL to extract the fields in this json field. The jsonfield is just a payload which is loged in the logfile next to user fields. My problem is that "spath" is not available in datasets, so I need to extract the fields automatically and not in SPL. The problem is, that not the whole file is json, so I think I cannot use KV_MODE=json in props conf.

Is there a way to assing just the two json fields to a transform.conf extract the fields in it?

How can I make the fields in the json field available for datasets root events, because I need to accelerate this dataset.

Here an example of one event in the file (they are also nested)

_time | field | field | field | field | field | field | field | field | field |
{\"key\":\"value\",\"key\":{\"key\":[\"value\",\"value\",\"value\",\"value\",\"value\"],\"key\":[\"value\"],\"key\":[\"value\"]},\"key\":\"value\",\"key\":\"value\",\"key\":\"value\",\"key\":\"value\",\"key\":\"value\",\"key\":value,\"key\":value}
|
{\"key\":{\"key\":\"value\",\"key\":\"value\",\"key\":[\"value\"],\"key\":[value],\"key\":\"value\",\"key\":\"value\",\"key\":value,\"key\":{\"key\":value,\"key\":value,\"key\":value,\"key\":value,\"key\":value,\"key\":value,\"color\":value,\"key\":value,\"key\":value}},\"key\":[{\"key\":\"value\",\"key\":\"value\"},{\"key\":\"value\",\"key\":\"value\"}]}

AS transform.conf seperate fields by seperator "|" the jsons are seperated fields why I usually use  | spath input=json_field

thansk for your support

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...