Getting Data In

how to consolidate 200/500 error counts in access.log?

anasar

I have access.log data in index access_index. How can I draw a graph counting 200's and 500's. If I draw for last 1 hour, 2 line graph showing the counts.

index="access_index" response=200 OR response=500.

But after that, I'm lost.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jluo_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Anasar,

You can use the timechart command if you'd like to see the data plotted against time.

index="access_index" response=200 OR response=500 | timechart count by response

View solution in original post

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

try this in a visualization panel

If you want to actually count all the 2** and 5** status, not just the 200 and 500.
you can use an eval condition to extract a new field

index="access_index" response=2* OR response=5*  |  eval consolidated_response=case(response>=200 AND response<300,"200 range",response>=500 AND response<600,"500 range",1=1,"other" | search NOT consolidated_response="other" | timechart count by consolidated_response

jluo_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Anasar,

You can use the timechart command if you'd like to see the data plotted against time.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...