[source::/usr/local/apache/domlogs/logfile]

transforms.conf
[send_to_syslog]
REGEX = .
DEST_KEY = _SYSLOG_ROUTING
FORMAT = my_syslog_group

i restart splunk
/opt/splunkforwarder/bin/splunk restart

and nothing happened (it don't send any information)
and in logs, i can't see source files

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Using Universal forwarders you can't send data to syslog server Reference doc, you require splunk enterprise instance.

You can configure a heavy forwarder to send data in standard syslog format. The forwarder sends the data through a separate output processor. The syslog output processor is not available for universal or light forwarders.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Using Universal forwarders you can't send data to syslog server Reference doc, you require splunk enterprise instance.

You can configure a heavy forwarder to send data in standard syslog format. The forwarder sends the data through a separate output processor. The syslog output processor is not available for universal or light forwarders.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...