Getting Data In

can you remove or archive the original CSV file once it is indexed?

awurster
Contributor

i have a large CSV file / lookup table which i'm writing to via outputlookup.

it's approaching 1G in size and i'm wondering how to best prune it.

can i delete the original data file (using cron for instance) and still use the .idx files for lookups?

or is it best to trim it somehow using a parallel splunk search which removes old entries? and if so - any advice / links on how to do that?

0 Karma

vasanthmss
Motivator

Hi,

If you are exporting something like csv in regular interval (like report) then you can use outputcsv command to export instead of outputlookup.

In other scenario, Assuming that you are comfortable with exported 1G and using output lookup in your search queries without any problem and replication is causing issue means then you can use either blacklist(not to take part of replication) /white list(by default all lookup will take part of replication bundle) to protect your huge lookups take part of replication bundle.

Considering this scenario, if you are using the outputlookup csv to lookup with some events and facing limitation issue then you can try with summary index. it would be easier.

Hope this will help you.

Cheers!

V
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...